Monday, March 16, 2009

First Day in Mexico

I first arrived in Mexico forgetting why I decided to leave San Francisco. After seeing my friends and spending a lot of time with my family, I was already regrading my decision. I am guessing it didn't help that Senora Torres (the woman hosting me) would not allow me to sleep after my long journey from San Francisco, instead taking me to her sister's Birthday Dinner about an hour out of Guanajuato. I finally get to sleep at 7pm and start classes the next morning at 8am.

After a few classes, I remembered why I am in Mexico: for the adventure. I have four classes, none of my teachers speak English.

I think i will be learning quite a bit out here since Senora Torres and my teachers only speak to me in Spanish.

Hasta luego!

2 comments:

  1. Muy Bien Maritza, already learning.
    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting!!! Oh yeah...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete