Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Devil Line

Kammy and I decided to rent a car to go to Zihuatanejo because the van from her friends decided to become a small car. As many of you know the great driver I am and how much I love to drive - why in San Francisco I owned multiple cars just to drive something different everyday - but in Mexico it becomes slightly difficult.

Mexico has crazy drivers! And crazy lanes with crazy rules. Please be sure to watch out for people running across the freeway, which happened on more than one occasion for us. Be sure to go at least 140 km or the car behind you will ride your tail because you are going to slow. When a huge truck puts on his left blinker and rides on the end of the one lane he wants you to pass him, even with the double yellow lines and the cars doing the same thing on the other side. Watch out of the ramdom speed bumbs. And be sure to watch out for the devil line....

As i was driving on a two lane highway, a weird red line was right in the middle of my lane. It had bumbs on it so if your tire hit it you would know. The only way for my tires not going dunt dunt dunt is drving with the line in between my tires (because on the outide of the lane does the same for when you fall alseep). Anyways, this doesn't sound to bad right? Well it wasn't that bad until I realized that the cars on the other side was using this devil line as a way pass the cars in front of them. So two double yellow lines, than a red line in the middle of my lane - the cars would (without hesitation) cross the yellow lines but not the devil line.

Either way, driving in Mexico is pretty crazy. But we made it there and back safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment